Summary: Know how you can export Thunderbird local folders to Outlook using the smart and well-researched ways through this article.
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source email client that can work with many email clients supporting various kinds of protocols like SMTP, POP3, IMAP. This utility provides a reliable interface and high security to process the data. However, it still possesses some disadvantages that users look for other platforms. In such cases, Outlook is one of the highly demanded email applications that cater to the needs of the users. MS Outlook provides powerful spam filtering and can prevent any major phishing attacks. It also can simultaneously integrate multiple accounts.
Thunderbird supports the MBOX format which is not recognized by MS Outlook. Therefore, to be able to access the local folder in Outlook, one must convert the source data in Outlook readable format. Outlook supports PST format that can save the user’s data from their Outlook account on their desktop easily. Therefore, one has to convert the MBOX files from the local folder to Outlook PST.
In the next section, we shall provide the solution that you can use to work with the data.
How Do I Export Thunderbird Local Folders to Outlook?
There is no direct way to convert the source files into Outlook PST. SysTools software can convert MBOX to PST for free that you can import into Outlook. We shall see the complete steps and working of this tool further but before that let us see the significant features that come with this software.
- Export Thunderbird local folder emails with attachments to Outlook
- This software can maintain the folder hierarchy & structure
- It also supports bulk conversion of Thunderbird local folder
- Gives an option to merge all MBOX files in a single PST file
- Supports Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and other versions
Steps for Exporting Thunderbird Local Folders to MS Outlook
- First of all, you must download, install and launch the software on your computer.
- Choose the “Add File” option & browse MBOX from the next screen & load them.
- Now, you can preview the details of the MBOX files from the Thunderbird local folder and choose Export.
- Then, select the PST file option & you can choose to split the resultant files.
- Search for a destination to store the files and hit the Export to begin the conversion process.
Add the Files to MS Outlook
- Open MS Outlook on your computer and tap on the File tab
- Select the “Open & Import” option and then select the “Import/Export” wizard
- After this, you must choose “Import from another program or file” and click on Next.
- Then, select the “Outlook Data File (.pst)” button and then choose Next
- Search for the PST files that you need to import.
- After this, choose the folder to add the resultant files into.
- Now, decide how you wish to deal with the duplicates and click on Finish.
In this article, we learned to export Thunderbird local folders to Outlook account. This article has illustrated the entire procedure stepwise. The tool provides a safe environment to execute the entire process. Also, it provides great features to work with.