If you are troubled by your slim body, then you can do yoga to gain weight. With these 7 yoga asanas, your weight will start increasing rapidly.
By the way, most people are troubled by their increased weight. But there are some people who are troubled by their thin bodies. Many people think that gaining weight is easy, but losing weight is the hardest. And if you think so too then you are absolutely wrong. Because like weight loss, weight gain is also no less than a task. You can ask these people, who adopt many measures to increase weight but are not able to succeed. Often people start including fat-rich foods in their diet to gain weight, but this does not make much difference. Actually, due to the improper functioning of the digestive system, the food of the people is not digested well, due to which the nutrients present in the food are not available to the body. In such a situation, it becomes very difficult to gain weight. In this situation, you should definitely do some special yoga in the morning. This will improve your digestive system and your weight will also increase. So let’s know which yoga asanas are effective for increasing weight.
If you want to learn different types of yoga asana then you can enroll in the 7 Days Yoga Retreat In Rishikesh.
1. Bhujangasana for Weight Gain
To gain weight, you can do Bhujangasana every morning on an empty stomach. In this, the upper part of the body is raised like a cobra’s hood, hence it is also called a cobra page. You can do this yoga asana daily to make your stomach, arms, and back muscles strong. Additionally, it also strengthens the digestive system. It also strengthens the spine. Bhujangasana strengthens the back muscles.
- To do this yoga asana, first of all, lie down on your stomach on the Yoga mat.
- Keep your right palms on the ground at the level of the shoulders.
- During this, keep your ankles together.
- Take a long deep breath and raise your upper body up to the waist, putting the weight of your upper body on the palms.
- Feel the stretch on your back.
- Pull the head back and take out the chest.
- Keep your elbows straight.
- While doing this, your feet should remain on the ground.
- After staying in this position for 10-30 seconds, come to the normal position while exhaling.
- You can repeat this yoga 3-5 times.
- If you have a hernia or back pain, then avoid doing this yoga asana. Do not do this even if you have had abdominal surgery.
2. Dhanurasana for Weight Gain
Dhanurasana is considered very beneficial for weight gain. And it also strengthens the muscles of the arms, legs, abdomen, and back. It also improves digestion power. And it stretches the body, which reduces stress and makes you feel relaxed.
- Firstly, lie down on a mat on your stomach.
- Bend your right knee and bring it towards the thigh.
- After this, hold the claws of the legs with your right hand.
- During this, your chest and legs remain in the air. But the stomach should remain on the ground.
- Now take a long deep breath and exhale. And after staying in this position for a few seconds, come back to the normal position.
- You can easily repeat this process 4-5 times.
3. Shirshasana for Weight Gain
Shirshasan helps a lot in improving blood circulation in the body. Also, if you are thin, you can also increase your weight by doing this daily. This yoga asana benefits the whole body. This improves heart health.
- To do this yoga asana, keep your head on the ground.
- Keep your right hands at the elbows, keep them in the center of the head.
- Now slowly try to raise your body.
- If you are doing this for the first time, you can do it while standing against a wall.
- This asana can be done easily if it becomes a habit gradually.
4. Sarvangasana for Weight Gain
Sarvangasana is extremely beneficial for overall health. And it is beneficial in improving the digestive system and increasing weight. If you are not able to do a headstand, then you can practice this asana. And it also keeps hypertension and cholesterol under control. It also improves blood flow.
- To do this asana, lie down on your back on the mat.
- Now try to raise your legs.
- Support the waist with your right hand.
- During this, keep your legs straight.
- After staying in this position for 30-50 seconds, come back to the normal position.
- You can repeat this 2-3 times.
5. Matsyasana for Weight Gain
Matsyasana is a very good yoga asana for your body. It stretches the muscles of the chest, abdomen, and lower back. It also reduces muscle stress. The digestive system becomes better if it is practiced every morning. Also, this yoga asana can be done to increase weight.
- To do this asana, first of all, lie down on your back on the Yoga mat.
- Keep your right hand straight along with the body.
- After this, slowly lift the waist and do the curve.
- You can put your palms on the stomach. But the elbow and head should remain on the ground.
- Take a long deep breath and exhale. After some time, bring the waist down and come to your starting position.
- You can repeat this asana 3-5 times.
6. Vajrasana for Weight Gain
Vajrasana is also considered to be a great yoga for weight gain. It also strengthens the thighs and hips. Provides peace to body and mind. Not only this, Vajrasana improves digestion, and metabolism, due to which your weight increases rapidly.
- To do this yoga asana, first of all, sit on your knees on the Yoga mat.
- Keep your neck, waist, and shoulders straight.
- Place your right palms on your knees.
- And staying in this state, breathe slowly and exhale.
- In this position, you sit for 5-10 minutes.
If you are a fitness freak and want to learn more about yoga poses, then you can join the 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
7. Shavasana for Weight Gain
Savasana calms your muscles and mind. It keeps the body and minds calm. After doing these yoga asanas, you must remain in Shavasana for 5-10 minutes to reduce the stress on your body. And this will reduce your body stress, improve digestion and increase weight.
- To do this asana, lie straight on your back on the Yoga mat.
- Now keep your hands completely straight along the body.
- In this state take long deep breaths and exhale.
- You will get peace by doing this asana.
If you also want to increase your weight, then you can do the above-mentioned yoga asana daily. Due to this your weight will increase rapidly. If there is any serious health problem, then seek expert advice.