Payroll is a significant task for various small and medium scale businesses that use the accounting software QuickBooks. It automates the process of paycheck disbursal and also handles all the federal and state tax forms. QuickBooks is a dynamic software; wherein newer features arrive with every successive update. But users also experience QuickBooks error 15270 when they try to install the deleted updates. The error message flashes on their screen, telling them that the payroll update didn’t complete successfully. In this article, you’ll discover what actually this error is and how you can make modifications to eliminate it from your system.
What Does QuickBooks Error 15270 Mean?
A payroll update error appears when the user taps the ‘Download Latest Updates’ option in the window of ‘Get Payroll Updates.’ You’ll notice an error message that says, ‘Error 15270: The payroll update did not complete successfully. The update is missing a file.’ It evidently implies that the QuickBooks software is unable to download a payroll update file needed for payroll update in it due to a glitch.
What are the Reasons for QuickBooks Error 15270?
There are numerous causes behind QuickBooks update error 15270. Find the most common list of reasons below and try to pinpoint which of them might be behind the error message you are encountering on your system.
- An interruption in the internet connection during the update procedure.
- Incompatibility of the updates with your system’s window version.
- A virus or malware infection on your device/system.
- Execution of some other QuickBooks processes in the background.
- Presence of expired or inactive payroll subscriptions.
- A partial installation of the QuickBooks Desktop installation. It may also be possible that the application is installed with errors.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer is not set as the default Web browser.
- The user entered the wrong Service Key or Employer Identification Number.
The Process to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15270
You can resolve the update error 15270 in QuickBooks with the aid of some simple steps. Follow them according to their respective instructions.
Turn off the UAC
The first step is to switch off the user account control. The steps for it in Windows 7 and 8 and Windows Vista are described below.
- Tap the ‘Start’ key and choose ‘Control Panel.’
- Next, tap the ‘View’ option through the drop-down keys. After this, select its large icons.
- Next, click ‘User Accounts.’ For it, left-click on the change ‘User Account Settings’ in that specific window.
- Proceeding forward, navigate to the slider, which doesn’t give any notifications and follow it by clicking ‘OK.’
- Firstly, tap the Windows ‘Start’ button and then click ‘Control Panel.’
- If it doesn’t select it, single click on the classic view present on the left part of your screen.
- Next, double-click on ‘User Accounts.’
- After that, click on and then turn the UAC as ‘ON’ or ‘OFF.’
- Next, clear the UAC that protects your desktop and software. Then click ‘OK.’
- Restart your PC and then restart the QuickBooks software. Open your company file.
Update QB from the main menu.
The next step is to update QB from the main menu. Follow the below steps for it.
- Start QuickBooks again. If you find the ‘QuickBooks Update Service’ display, tap ‘Install Later.’
- Choose the ‘Help’ icon followed by ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- Navigate to the screen of ‘Update QuickBooks’ and choose ‘Update Now.’
- Select ‘Reset Updates’ and then tap on it.
- Hit ‘OK’ for confirming the reset.
- You’ll see the ‘Get Updates’ button becoming active after the update completes. You’ll also view the ‘Update Complete’ message on your screen. You can restart QuickBooks.
- When the ‘QuickBooks Update Service’ message comes up, tap ‘Install Now.’
- For installing the payroll updates again, navigate to the ‘Employees’ tab. From here, go to the ‘Get Payroll Updates’ tab.
- Confirm that you have chosen ‘Download entire payroll update.’ Now, hit the ‘Update’ tab.
Install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
To get rid of QuickBooks update error 15270, you can also use the QuickBooks Tools Hub on your PC. This tool helps people fix several errors. Follow these points for using it.
- Close your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, download the file of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer.
- Next, click open the file by the name ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe.’
- Adhere to the commands on your screen to install the tool hub.
- Agree to the different terms and conditions for the installation process to begin.
- After the install process completes, you should double-tap Tool Hub’s icon on your desktop to launch it.
- If you cannot locate the icon, type its name in the Windows search box.
Set Microsoft IE as the default web browser.
If you use any other browser like Microsoft Edge, you may experience this error. It’s because some browsers aren’t supported by QuickBooks. Follow the below steps to set Microsoft Internet Explorer as the default web browser.
- On your Windows, access Internet Explorer.
- Tap the ‘Gear’ icon on the top-right. Next, tap ‘Internet Options.’
- Tap the ‘Make Default’ button that’s below the ‘Programs’ tab.
- Tap ‘Apply’ followed by ‘OK.’
Run the Reboot.bat file
Another effective resolution for the 15270 error in QuickBooks is running the QuickBooks reboot.bat file. To run this file and resolve this error code, follow these steps.
- Exit the QB Desktop application. After that, right-tap the icon of QuickBooks on your desktop.
- Now click ‘Properties.’ Follow it by selecting ‘Open File Location.’
- Next, find and right-tap the ‘Reboot.bat’ file in the QB folder.
- Next, tap ‘Run as Administrator and wait till the process to register all the QB files to Windows ends.
- After you find the ‘DOS’ window disappearing, restart your PC. Then check if the error 15270 has been resolved.
Scan Windows through a virus removal tool
If you find the resolutions described above not yielding the desired results, you can try scanning the Windows. Do not ignore the possibility of this update error 15270 being a result of an infection on your computer. To install a good malware removal or anti-virus tool and scan Windows using it. When the infections on your Windows get removed, the error will automatically disappear.
These were some of the most effective troubleshooting techniques to fix the update error 15270 in QuickBooks. Follow them correctly, and you’ll surely get rid of this problem in your QB application. However, sometimes, implementing the troubleshooting process can be a tiresome job. You can also face various issues in between. So, in this case, you can connect with a professional QuickBooks payroll service. The experts will help resolve all your queries so that you can use this software properly again.
Source URL – https://cliqafriq.com/read-blog/164050
Best İstanbul evden eve nakliyat firm offers house moving and forwarding services in Istanbul. assistance from company Evdiz Nakliyat; home moving, office moving and parts moving comes in moving. We carry out transportation in Kartal evden eve nakliyat , Maltepe evden eve nakliyat , Sancaktepe evden eve nakliyat , Üsküdar evden eve nakliyat districts in Istanbul. It has been economically thought out to keep it affordable.